Merchant, Smiths and Artisans
Welcome to the Merchants, Smiths, and Artisans information page of the WW website!
If you wish to sell in any fashion at Dub-Dub, you must register with the Merchant Liaison for the event. That would be Gerald Loosehelm. We, and I mean the Merchants, Smiths, and Artisans of Northshield and the SCA, wish to make the Merchant Row a draw for the event. We are lucky to have plenty of space this year AND we are central to many parts of the event.
You can find my tent easily as it will have a large orange Pennon hanging out front. I will also be wearing a bright orange sash during the entire event. My focus will be the Merchants, Artisans, and Smiths so look for me in that area.
A little about me if you have not met me yet. My name is Gerald Loosehelm. I joined the SCA in A.S. XIX (19) And have been in Northshield since 1989. I used to fight all of the time but the doctors put an end to that (I still consider myself a stickjock). In the meantime, I tend to be a cheerleader for anything to do with A&S. Hence doing this with the Merchants, Smiths, and Artisans.
Now you may have noticed this is not the ‘Merchants’ page anymore. There is a simple reason for that. During the course of several conversations around campfires, I noticed that many of the people who ‘sell’ in the SCA do not think that such a simple label encompasses what we do. So by acknowledging that Merchants, Smiths, and Artisans all sell in the SCA, We hope to make an area that is welcome to all to visit, socialize, learn, and have a good time.
A rough idea of where the Merchant, Smiths and Artisans area will be. As we get closer to the event, this might change.
The merchant area will be along two roads next to the list fields. Each section will be about 240 feet long. Camping will be the frontage of your tent, and about 50 feet behind. We should have plenty of room. The Smiths will be behind the bleachers and will should have plenty of room as well.
Important information can be shared in many ways. My personal preference is as a bulleted list.
Below in a list form, you will find some important information that I suggest you read. You will need to know this to better help you fill out your applications. If you have any questions, Please feel free to contact me at the link below.
- The Merchant Liaison is Gerald Loosehelm.
- This registration is for Merchants, Smiths, and Artisans space only. You must still fill out the registration to attend.
- Preregistration for space is required of all merchants/smiths and Artisans.
- Let me repeat that first item: Preregistration for space is required of all merchants/smiths and Artisans.
- Your registration must include a completed Wisconsin Department of Revenue S-240 form. Link Below.
- Let me repeat that second item: Your registration must include a completed Wisconsin Department of Revenue S-240 form. This form can be downloaded, filled out and mailed with your registration, or it may be handed to The Merchant Coordinator at the event. No merchant will be allowed to set up if this form is not completed and in the possession of the Merchant Liaison.
- There is no fee for being part of the Merchant Row at WW XXV.
- There is only a fee if you use air conditioning. This fee is $10 to the site.
- You must provide your own power cords and splitters.
- You must provide your own tables, chairs, tent and or pavilion.
- There is little to no shade on this site. Please bring any extra shades flys that you have. We will need them!
- Please include the size(s) of your tent and or pavilion, including space for ropes
- Space will be allocated by frontage. This is how much space you need for the front of your retail area for people to enter. (Example below of how to determine this.)
- Registered merchants may begin setting up the Wednesday before the event. Make sure you stop by the troll booth for the site as you arrive.
- If you need to be set up near another merchant, let me know. And let them know as well.
- I will be on site to let you know where your space is located. I will have a map.
- You are responsible for the safety and security of your tent(s), belongings and merchandise while you are at the event.
- Raised fire-pits will be allowed, anytime they are in use, they must have someone watching them. No ground fires allowed for any reason.
- Again, All flame sources must be actively supervised and contained in non-flammable containers. No exceptions.
- All of the Merchants, Smiths, and Artisans will be required to bring a small stored-pressure fire extinguisher with them and have it in a ready-to-hand location. I will be checking for these.
- Please pick up after yourself at the end of the event. We have a reputation of leaving the site cleaner than we found it.
- Remember that this is an event of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. I would ask that your merchandise and selling space be as historically correct as possible.
- Food merchants must comply with all state and local licensing regulations and food safety standards.
- Registrations must be postmarked by June 20 or you may not Merchant/Smith. Confirmation of space will be announced via the email you supply on this form.
- If you have not preregistered, you will
1.) not be allowed to set up early. and
2.) will be placed in whatever space I can find for you AFTER the preregistered Merchants, Smiths, and Artisans have arrived and are set up. And
3.) be aware there might not be space left for you to set up.
- If you have registered and must cancel, please do so before June 20th, 2019.
- If you have to cancel please email the Merchant Liaison Gerald Loosehelm.
Space will be allocated by frontage. This is how much space you need for the front of your retail area for people to enter.
let us use my tent and pavilion as an example. I have a 10X10 pavilion and will have an 8X8 shade that I will be selling from.
My shade and pavilion both need an additional 5 feet to either side for ropes. My pavilion will be placed behind my shade.
So let us add that up. The tent will need a space of 20 feet wide and that will also hold my shade. Length of my pavilion with ropes will be 20 feet.
The ropes to the back of my shade can cross my pavilion ropes so it only has a depth of 13 feet. So I will request a space with a frontage of 20 feet.
Everyone will have about 50 feet of depth for their tents and camp. I will only have a depth of 35 feet so anyone who needs an additional 15 feet of space behind can use it.
The tents behind your space might be a bit of tetris, so plan accordingly. If you are camping with a group, make sure you get together and figure out the space you need.
S-240 Form for Merchants
If you have any questions about paying sales and use tax in Wisconsin, Please visit the The Wisconsin Department of Revenue website for correct information.
This web page will answer most of your questions. Wisconsin Temporary Events Program Common Questions.
Download this form as the top sections have been prefilled. All you need to do is add your seller information: The pre-filled S-240F tax form for 2019